Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Blankets

So! Funny story time! Last night I stayed awake until about 4am. Why did I do this? Because I'm awesome! Kesesese~! Anyway I fell asleep between 4 and 4:30 and it was wonderful. Unfortunately I woke up at 4:35 to a persistent knocking at mein door. Mein actual fist thought was this...

"Old man Fritz?"

Ja Prussia, Old Man Fritz is knocking at your bedroom door at 4:30 in the morning... Anyway, I hear West's voice and he said for me to let his dog into mein room because he was going to let the puppy out of the kennel and he didn't want them fighting again. Mein brain's response to this was...

"The blankets!! Ich brau sei!!!"

So I grab all the blankets on mein bed and thrash around for a bit, ripping them from the mattress. The lack of sleep took its affect on mein brain as I tried to stand and walk to the door. With only twenty minutes or so of sleep, I was having a hard time standing up straight. And instead of walking, I half stumbled, half fell across mein bedroom. I somehow managed to make it to the door still clutching mein blankets. I opened the door and the dog ran inside. I looked at mein bruder who looked a little shocked by me. I wan't naked this time! I was half standing, half being supported by mein door and was clinging to mein blankets like I was gonna die if I let them go. Fortunately he didn't seem to want anything else and turned away. I closed the door.

I turned to go back to mein bed and noticed that I had dropped mein blankets to mein feet at some point. I leaned over to pick them up and almost face planted into the floor! I tried again, useing the wall to brace meinself. I was a bit more successful this go round and managed to grab a couple of them. But I soon realized that I was going to need two hands as mein ability to function still lacked something to be desired.

I finally picked up all the blankets and looked back to mein bed. The trail of destruction I'd left in mein wake was quite wide. An overturned laundry basket, mein mattress askew, mein laptop cords (that had caught on mein foot when I got up initially) were thrown about, and that's when I realized something painfully obvious...

This would have been so much easier if I'd just left mein blankets on mein bed to begin with...

Reality check, you need more than twenty minutes of sleep to be able to function.

No comments:

Post a Comment